Are you ready to jump on track with an amazing opportunity in Human Resources as part of the Learning & Development team? Kings Dominion is hiring a Learning & Development Instructor!
This position has a starting wage of $16.00 an hour, plus the fun benefits of free park entry for yourself, the opportunity to earn admission tickets for your friends and family, as well as awesome employee appreciation events!
* Be a positive culture champion for the park and the HR division.
* Instruct and lead classes in both classroom and virtual settings for Associates.
* Facilitate and lead Associate discussions, focus groups, and solo/group activities.
* Organize, facilitate, and assist with trainings taught by other instructors or representatives.
* Motivate and instill in Associates positive service focused expectations and understanding.
* Provide class/course feedback to help refine and enhance park offerings.
* Assist with scheduling as well as coordinating with departments for these trainings and any follow up upon employee completion.
* Set up individuals for required online courses and provide any assistance needed with regards to questions / technical difficulties.
* Assist with record keeping, auditing, payroll, and reporting for employee compliance with completing required classes/courses.
* Help manage inventory stock levels, supplies, and their proper storage for the team.
* Ensure compliance with company policies and legal regulations/guidelines.
* Assist in other areas of the Human Resources division as needed as well as in the park if the business requires.
* Prior training, instructor, or public speaking experience is preferred.
* Prior theme park or service industry experience a plus.
* Flexibility with scheduling and an ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
* Good presentation/public speaking skills as well as confidence with speaking in front of large groups for long periods of time.
* Ability to provide exceptional service when interacting with Associates, coworkers and others.
* Ability and confidence to coach, mentor, and influence Associates, coworkers, and others.
* Good computer skills and knowledge of using Microsoft Office products.
* Good organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work independently of constant supervision.
* Ability to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing office/theme park environment.
* Flexible and willing to gain a broader knowledge of Human Resources procedures.
* Willingness to assist in the park with instruction and training opportunities as well as to assist park operations when/where needed.
* Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
* Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law. Cedar Fair Entertainment Company is an equal opportunity employer. A work permit may be required for associates under the age of 18. Applicants must be legally eligible for employment in the United States and in accordance with state laws. Cedar Fair also conducts background checks on all applicants 18 years of age and older.