Job ID: R102922
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Associate, Change Delivery Lead, Enterprise Consumer Payment Operations - Richmond, VA
Capital One's Enterprise Consumer Payment Operations (ECPO) is seeking a passionate Change Delivery Lead with exceptional project management skills. The individual in this role will drive and successfully deliver upon a variety of complex change initiatives in support of ECPO's strategic roadmap. The Change Delivery Lead ensures proactive and progressive engagement of our partners to design and deliver outcomes that enhance the payment services provided, improve the internal and external client experience, mitigate risk and ensureoperational excellence.
- Engage with ECPO process managers and partner with upstream and downstream business partners to understand complex problems and focus on successful delivery of assigned tasks by building relationships and leveraging influence in an environment of shared accountability
- Proficient in delivering on all phases of project management to include initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control and close-out.
- Ensuretimely completion of all deliverables across portfolios
- Strong attention to detail, combined with the ability to see and explain the big picture
- Lead regular status meetings and package high-level project updates in a professional, concise and easily digestible format for senior leadership
- Translate big-picture intent into to tactical requirements and implementation plans
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) for large-scale transformation projects, ensure all critical milestones are kept on track and that any risks or impediments are quickly socialized and appropriately escalated with ECPO leadership and impacted partners
- Partner with teams across Capital One to understand downstream and upstream impacts of all changes; these teams include, but are not limited to: Card Operations, Retail, Finance, Tech, Specialty Operations, Risk, Legal and Compliance
- Establish and maintain a suite of comprehensive and sustainable tools to be utilized across the business as project and change management best practices
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience in Project Management or Change Delivery
- At least 2 years of experience using Waterfall or Agile concepts
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google Suite
- At least 1 year of experience utilizing MS Project, Jira or similar project management tools
- PMP, Agile, Lean or Six Sigma certification
- At least 4 years of experience in Project Management or Change Delivery
- At least 2 years of experience in Process Management, Product Management or Risk Management
- Exceptional organization, communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.