Weekend Shift: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 5:30 am - 6:00 pm
Primary Objective of Position
Set-up and operation of various types of Swiss Machines to cost effectively produce high-quality products on a timely basis that meet customer requirements.
Technical Job Functions
- Perform complex setups from programs on machines to ensure that completed parts conform to print and process specifications.
- Determine program edits required to adjust speeds and feeds in order to machine parts properly and efficiently.
- Accurately inspect finished parts using microscopes, tool maker's scope, micrometers, OGP, gage pins, thread gages, indicators, calipers or other equipment.
- Make adjustments to machine off-sets to achieve required tolerances.
- Maintain adherence to production schedules and ensure quality inspections are completed in accordance with established procedures.
- Assigned work area, tools and gauges will be clean, and kept neat, safe and orderly at all times.
- Performs routine maintenance.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers, co-workers, and management members.
- Continually monitor manufacturing methods, processes and procedures to ensure departmental goals are met while maintaining or improving cost competitiveness, which includes identifying, recommending, and implementing necessary improvements.
- Follow and continually monitor established safety procedures to assure a clean and safe work environment is promoted and maintained.
- Assumes other projects and responsibilities as directed.
Authorities and Responsibilities
- Position reports to Production Supervisor and must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and co-workers at all levels.
- Communicates with Manufacturing Engineering personnel concerning technical issues.
- Function in a team environment and work to accomplish team and company goals with ability to compromise and negotiate.
- Must be an open communicator about work-related issues.
- This position is accountable for producing quality parts on a daily basis under limited direct supervision.
- Must independently complete set-ups and machine adjustments, and develop processes.
- Regular and predictable attendance is presumed to be an essential function of all employment.
- Assume other projects and responsibilities from time to time as directed by production supervisor.